Our aim is to provide a clear and development structure to support the identification of leadership talent in schools to facilitate the continuous supply of the highest quality leaders into schools at all levels – up to and including headship.
Our succession planning strategy involves the development of a comprehensive programme of leadership development programmes that will systematically develop talented professionals at all levels in out schools. This will help to secure a positive impact on school improvement, including the performance, recruitment and retention of the high quality leadership talent – and provide them with support to enable them to move up the leadership ladder.
All leadership programmes share the same features – adapted to be relevant to the nature of the individual leadership programme. These are:
- An optional 360 review to help frame the focus and individual outcomes for the programme.
- A relevant and challenging Leadership Project – that links to a relevant Improvement Plan in their school, with a real impact on student outcomes.
- High quality coaching - supplied by their school
- A sequence of face to face sessions to challenge and support the development of the relevant leadership behaviours of the participants. These will include:
- Data analysis to support the individual Leadership Project
- Monitoring the quality of student learning and progress
- Effectively having challenging conversations
- The publication of a summary of the individual participant’s learning journey.
We currently offer the following programmes:
- Steps to Success for Recently Qualified Teachers (RQT)
- Steps to Success for Middle Leadership
- Steps to Success for Outstanding Teachers (OTP)
- Steps to Success for Senior Leadership
- Steps to Success into Headship
- Steps to Success for Headship
Details of all of these programmes can be found at www.centralbedscpd.co.uk
For a copy of the Leadership Ladder click here
Lead Staff contacts: